Cajun Rub Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- 2 tablespoons (35 g) celery salt
- 2 tablespoons (13 g) pepper
- 2 tablespoons (3 g) Splenda
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
This rub needs to be made in a blender to distribute that sticky molasses throughout the mixture.
Put everything but the molasses in your blender.
Turn the blender on and while it's running drizzle in the teaspoon molasses.
Turn off the blender and sprinkle the rub heavily on pork ribs before barbecuing.
Makes 5 servings
Each serving will have 5 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of fiber, for a usable carb count of 4 grams; 1 gram protein.