Lonestar "Rice" Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Lonestar "Rice" which belongs to the Sides recipe category.
- head cauliflower, shredded
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- cup (40 g) chopped onion
- 1 cup (100 g) sliced mushrooms
- cup (40 g) snow pea pods, fresh, cut in -inch (1.3-cm) pieces
- teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules or concentrate
Put the cauliflower in a microwaveable casserole dish with a lid.
Add a couple of tablespoons (30 ml) of water, cover, and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
While that's cooking, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet and saute the onions, mushrooms, and snow peas.
I like to use the edge of my spatula to break up the mushrooms into smaller pieces but leave the slices whole if you like them better that way?it's up to you.
When the mushrooms have changed color and the snow peas are tender-crisp, drain your cooked cauli-rice and stir it in.
Add the chili powder and beef bouillon, stir to distribute the seasonings well, and then serve.
Each with 2 g protein; 5 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 4 g usable carbs.