Chipotle Brisket Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chipotle Brisket which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) beef brisket, cut into pieces if necessary to fit
- into your slow cooker
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon (7.2 g) dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon (5.4 g) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- 1 can (16 ounces, or 455 g) tomato sauce
- cup (120 ml) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon concentrate
- cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- cup (12 g) Splenda
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 chipotle chiles canned in Adobo Sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Guar or xanthan
In a big, heavy skillet, brown the beef all over in the oil over medium-high heat.
Transfer the beef to a slow cooker.
Add the onion and celery to the skillet and saute until softened.
Stir in the garlic, dry mustard, oregano, cumin, pepper, and salt or Vege-Sal and saute for another minute or two.
Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
In a blender or food processor, combine the tomato sauce, broth, bouillon, vinegar, Splenda, molasses, and chipotles and blend until smooth.
Put the bay leaves in the slow cooker and pour the sauce over the whole thing.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 12 hours.
When the time's up, remove the beef to a platter.
Remove the bay leaves and thicken the sauce to taste with guar or xanthan.
Serve the sauce over the beef.
Each with 41 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 6 g usable carbs.