Not-Quite-Middle-Eastern Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Not-Quite-Middle-Eastern Salad which belongs to the Sides recipe category.
- head cauliflower
- cup (70 g) sliced stuffed olives
- 7 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups (40 g) triple-washed fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small ripe tomato, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons (15.2 g) chopped parsley
- cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
Run the cauliflower through the food processor using the shredding blade, put it in a microwaveable casserole dish, add a couple of tablespoons (30 ml) of water, cover the dish, and cook it on high for just 5 minutes.
While that's cooking, put the olives, scallions, spinach, celery, tomato, and parsley in a large salad bowl.
When the cauliflower comes out of the microwave, dump it in a strainer and run cold water over it for a moment or two to cool it.
(You can let the cauliflower cool uncovered instead, but it will take longer.
) Drain the cauliflower well and dump it in with all the other vegetables.
Add the oil, garlic, vinegar, and mayonnaise and toss.
Add salt and pepper to taste, toss again, and serve.
Each with 5 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 3 grams of usable carbs and 1 gram of protein. You can buy sliced stuffed olives in jars.