Zucchini-Crusted Pizza Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Zucchini-Crusted Pizza which belongs to the Sides recipe category.
- 3 cups (440 g) shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs
- cup (40 g) rice protein powder or (35 g) soy powder
- 1 cups (175 g) shredded mozzarella, divided
- cup (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- A pinch or two of dried basil teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (240 ml) sugar-free pizza sauce
- Toppings as desired (sausage, pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, or
- whatever you like)
Preheat the oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
Sprinkle the zucchini with a little salt and let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
Put it in a strainer and press out the excess moisture.
Beat together the strained zucchini, eggs, protein powder, cup (60 g) of mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, salt, and pepper.
Spray a 9 13-inch (23 33-cm) baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread the zucchini mixture in it.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until firm.
Brush the zucchini crust with a little oil and broil it for about 5 minutes until it's golden.
Next, spread on the pizza sauce and add the remaining 1 cup (120 g) of mozzarella and other toppings.
(If you're using vegetables as toppings, you may want to saute them a bit first.
) Bake for another 25 minutes and then cut into squares and serve.
4 generous servings
Each with 14 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 12 grams of usable carbs and 22 grams of protein. (Analysis does not include toppings.)