Asian Slow Cooker Short Ribs Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Asian Slow Cooker Short Ribs which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 6 pounds (2.7 kg) beef short ribs
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- cup (30 g) shredded carrot
- cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) grated ginger
- 6 teaspoons Chinese black bean sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) dry red wine
- 2 cups (480 ml) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- Guar or xanthan
In a big, heavy skillet, brown the ribs all over in the oil.
Transfer the ribs to a slow cooker.
Add the celery, carrot, and onion to the skillet and saute over medium-high heat until they soften and start to brown.
Stir in the ginger, black bean sauce, chili garlic paste, and garlic and saute for another couple of minutes.
Now stir in the soy sauce, wine, broth, five-spice powder, and Splenda.
Pour the mixture over the ribs.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 to 7 hours.
When the time's up, transfer the ribs to a platter and scoop the vegetables into a blender with a slotted spoon.
Add 2 cups (480 ml) of the liquid and run the blender until the vegetables are pureed.
Thicken the sauce to heavy cream consistency with guar or xanthan and serve the sauce with the ribs.
Each with 35 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 3 g usable carbs.