Greek Beans Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Greek Beans which belongs to the Sides recipe category.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- small onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bag (1 pound, or 455 g) frozen, cut green beans, thawed
- cup (120 ml) diced canned tomatoes
- cup (60 ml) beef broth or bouillon
- cup (60 ml) dry white wine
Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic and saute for a minute or two.
Drain the beans and add them to the skillet, stirring to coat.
Saute the beans for 6 to 7 minutes, adding another tablespoon (15 ml) of oil if the skillet starts to get dry.
Stir in the tomatoes, broth, and wine.
Turn up the heat to medium-high and let everything simmer until the beans are just tender-crisp and most of the liquid has cooked off (about 5 minutes).
Each with 11 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber, for a total of 8 grams of usable carbs and 3 grams of protein.