Green Bean Casserole Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Green Bean Casserole which belongs to the Sides recipe category.
- 28 ounces (785 g) frozen green beans, unthawed
- 1 cup (100 g) chopped mushrooms
- cup (35 g) roasted red pepper, diced
- cup (40 g) chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (240 ml) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon concentrate
- cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- Guar or xanthan
- cup (95 g) slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
Combine the green beans, mushrooms, red pepper, and onion in a slow cooker.
In a bowl, mix together the sage, salt or Vege-Sal, pepper, nutmeg, broth, and bouillon.
Pour the mixture over the vegetables.
Stir the whole thing up.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 5 to 6 hours.
When the time's up, stir in the cream and thicken the sauce a bit with guar or xanthan.
Re-cover the slow cooker and let it stay hot while you saute the almonds in the butter until golden.
Stir them into the beans.
Each with 7 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 8 g usable carbs.