Mashed Garlic Turnips Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Mashed Garlic Turnips which belongs to the Sides recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons (9 g) chopped fresh chives
Place the turnips and the garlic in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
Add water to fill about halfway, cover, and place over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, and simmer until quite soft (about 15 minutes).
Drain the turnips and garlic very well.
Using a potato masher, mash the turnips and garlic together.
Stir in the butter, horseradish, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and mix well.
Just before serving, stir in the chives.
Each with 10 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 8 grams of usable carbs and 2 grams of protein.