Roman Stew Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Roman Stew which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups (240 g) sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground cloves
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon ground allspice
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) diced tomatoes, undrained
- cup (120 ml) dry red wine
- Guar or xanthan (optional)
In a big, heavy skillet, brown the beef in the oil over medium-high heat in a few batches.
Transfer the beef to a slow cooker.
Add the garlic and celery to the slow cooker and then sprinkle the salt or Vege-Sal, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, allspice, and nutmeg over the beef and vegetables.
Pour the tomatoes and the wine over the beef and vegetables.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 to 8 hours.
You can thicken the pot juices a little if you like with guar or xanthan, but it's not really necessary.
Each with 44 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 4 g usable carbs.