Beef and Zucchini Stew Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Beef and Zucchini Stew which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) boneless beef chuck, trimmed of fat and cubed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) squares
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) squares
- 1 cup (240 ml) no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce (I suggest Hunt's.)
- cup (120 ml) beef broth
- teaspoon beef bouillon concentrate
- 1 pounds (680 g) zucchini, cut into -inch (1.3-cm) slices
- Guar or xanthan (optional)
In a slow cooker, combine the beef with the onion and peppers.
In a bowl, stir together the spaghetti sauce, broth, and bouillon.
Pour the mixture over the beef and vegetables and stir.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 9 hours.
Turn the slow cooker to high, stir in the zucchini, re-cover, and let it cook for 1 more hour.
When the time's up, thicken the sauce with guar or xanthan, if needed.
Each with 27 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 7 g usable