Oxtails Pontchartrain Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Oxtails Pontchartrain which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) beef oxtails
- 3 tablespoons (18 g) Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 large banana peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (240 ml) dry red wine
- cup (60 ml) brandy
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) diced tomatoes
- 2 chipotle chiles canned in Adobo Sauce, chopped (You can use just one
- if you'd like to cut the heat a bit.)
Sprinkle the oxtails all over with the Cajun seasoning.
In a big, heavy skillet, heat the oil and brown the oxtails all over.
Transfer the oxtails to a slow cooker.
Add the peppers, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic to the skillet and saute them until they're just softened.
Add them to the slow cooker and mix them in with the oxtails.
Pour the wine and brandy in the skillet and stir it around.
Stir in the thyme and add the bay leaves, tomatoes, and chipotles.
Stir this all up and pour it over the oxtails and veggies.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 hours.
Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Each with 96 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 10 g usable carbs.