Broccoli Blue Cheese Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Broccoli Blue Cheese Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 1 cup (160 g) chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 quarts (1.4 L) chicken broth
- 1 pound (455 g) frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup (240 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage
- cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (120 g) crumbled blue cheese
In a large saucepan, saute the onion in the butter over medium-low heat?you don't want it to brown.
When the onion's soft and translucent, add the turnip and the chicken broth to the pot.
Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it simmer over medium-low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
Add the thawed broccoli and let it simmer for another 20 minutes.
Scoop the vegetables out with a slotted spoon and place them in a blender.
Add a ladleful of the broth and run the blender until the vegetables are finely pureed.
Return the mixture to the pot.
Stir in the Carb Countdown, the heavy cream, and the blue cheese.
Simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and serve.
Each with 14 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 3 g dietary fiber; 6 g usable carbs.