Swiss Cheese and Broccoli Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Swiss Cheese and Broccoli Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) minced onion
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- 14 ounces (400 ml) chicken broth
- 10 ounces (280 g) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup (240 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage
- cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cups (180 g) shredded Swiss cheese
- Guar or xanthan
In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, saute the onion in the butter until it's translucent.
Add the chicken broth and the broccoli and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the broccoli is quite tender.
Stir in the Carb Countdown and cream.
Bring it back up to a simmer.
Now stir in the cheese, a little at a time, letting each batch melt before you add some more.
When all the cheese is melted in, thicken a little with guar or xanthan, if you think it needs it, and serve.
Each with 20 g protein; 7 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 5 g usable carbs.