Tavern Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Tavern Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 1 quarts (1.4 L) chicken broth
- cup (30 g) finely diced celery
- cup (30 g) finely diced green bell pepper
- cup (30 g) shredded carrot
- cup (15.2 g) chopped fresh parsley
- teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound (455 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces (360 ml) light beer
- teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Guar or xanthan
Combine the broth, celery, green pepper, carrot, parsley, and pepper in your slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 to 8 hours (even a bit longer won't hurt).
When the time's up, either use a hand-held blender to puree the vegetables right there in the slow cooker or scoop them out with a slotted spoon, puree them in your blender, and return them to the slow cooker.
Now whisk in the cheese a little at a time until it's all melted in.
Add the beer, salt or Vege-Sal, and hot pepper sauce and stir until the foaming stops.
Use guar or xanthan to thicken your soup until it's about the texture of heavy cream.
Re-cover the pot, turn it to high, and let it cook for another 20 minutes before serving.
Each with 18 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 3 g usable carbs.