Cheesy Cauliflower Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Cheesy Cauliflower Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 4 cups (600 g) cauliflower, diced small
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) grated carrot
- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 cups (360 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage or half-and-half
- 1 cups (180 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- Guar or xanthan (optional)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) minced scallion
Put the cauliflower, onion, celery, and carrot in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Add the chicken broth, salt, and vinegar; bring up to a simmer and let cook for 30 to 45 minutes.
Stir in the Carb Countdown or half-and-half and then whisk in the cheese a little at a time, giving each addition time to melt before adding more.
Thicken it a little with guar or xanthan if you think it needs it.
Top each serving with a little crumbled bacon and minced scallions (though it's also wonderful without them!).
Each with 17 g protein; 7 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 5 g usable carbs.