Cauliflower, Cheese, and Spinach Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Cauliflower, Cheese, and Spinach Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 6 cups (900 g) cauliflower florets, cut into -inch (1.3-cm) pieces
- 1 quart (960 ml) chicken broth
- cup (80 g) minced red onion
- 5 ounces (140 g) bagged baby spinach leaves, pre-washed
- teaspoon cayenne
- teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups (675 g) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 cup (240 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage
- Guar or xanthan
In your slow cooker, combine the cauliflower, broth, onion, spinach, cayenne, salt or Vege-Sal, pepper, and garlic.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 hours or until the cauliflower is tender.
When the time's up, stir in the Gouda, a little at a time, and then the Carb Countdown.
Re-cover the slow cooker and cook for another 15 minutes or until the cheese has thoroughly melted.
Thicken soup a little with guar or xanthan.
Each with 17 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 5 g usable carbs.