Spring Chicken Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Spring Chicken Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 6 cups (1.4 L) chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces, or 185 g) mushrooms
- 1 can (6 ounces, or 185 g) cut asparagus
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into small cubes
- cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- Sliced scallions
Combine the broth, mushrooms, asparagus, chicken, sherry, and soy sauce in a pot and heat.
If you're using raw chicken, let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes (that's all it should take to cook small cubes of chicken through).
Add pepper to taste and serve with a scattering of scallions on top.
Depending on the broth you use, this should have no more than about 17 grams of usable carbs in the whole pot, plus about 0.5 gram for the little bit of scallion you put on top of each bowl. Figure each serving has 6 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 4 grams of usable carbs and 23 grams of protein.