Chinese Peanut Wings Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons (4.5 g) Splenda
- 3 tablespoons (48 g) natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Chinese Five Spice powder
- teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more, if you want them hotter)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 12 chicken wings or 24 drumettes
Preheat the oven to 325F (170C, or gas mark 3).
Put the soy sauce, Splenda, peanut butter, sherry, oil, vinegar, spice powder, pepper flakes, and garlic in a blender or food processor and blend well.
If you have whole chicken wings and want to cut them into "drummettes" do it now.
(This is a matter of preference and is not essential.
) Arrange the wings in a large baking pan, pour the blended sauce over them, and then turn them over to coat on all sides.
Let them sit for at least half an hour (an hour is even better).
Bake the wings for an hour, turning every 20 minutes during baking.
When the wings are done, put them on a serving platter and scrape the sauce from the pan back into the blender or food processor.
Blend again for just a moment to make it smooth and serve with the wings.
Each with 1 gram of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 5 grams of protein.