Chicken Minestrone Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken Minestrone which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium turnips, cut into -inch (1.3-cm) cubes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 quarts (1.4 L) chicken broth
- 1 pounds (700 g) skinless chicken thighs, boned and cubed
- 1 tablespoon (3.9 g) Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 425 g) black soybeans
- Salt and pepper
Spray a big, heavy skillet with nonstick cooking spray and start the bacon frying over medium heat.
As some grease cooks out of the bacon, add as many of the vegetables as will fit in the skillet and saute them until they soften just a bit.
Transfer the vegetables to your slow cooker and continue sauteing the rest of the vegetables, adding oil as needed, until all the vegetables are softened a bit and in the slow cooker.
Place the broth, chicken, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, soybeans, and salt and pepper to taste in the slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 to 8 hours.
Each with 21 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 6 g dietary fiber, 12 g usable carbs.