Spicy Chicken and Mushroom Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Spicy Chicken and Mushroom Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (white part only)
- 8 ounces (225 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon cayenne
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart (960 ml) chicken broth
- 12 ounces (340 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- cup (120 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage
- cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons (12 g) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Melt the butter in a big, heavy skillet over medium heat and saute the leek with the mushrooms until they both soften.
Stir in the garlic, Garam Masala, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg and saute for another minute or two.
Transfer to your slow cooker.
Pour in the broth and add the chicken.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 to 7 hours.
When the time's up, use a slotted spoon to scoop roughly two-thirds of the solids into your blender or food processor.
Add 1 cup (240 ml) or so of the broth and puree until smooth.
Stir the puree back into the rest of the soup.
(You may want to rinse the blender or food processor out with a little broth to get all of the puree.
) Stir in the Carb Countdown and cream.
Re-cover the pot and let it cook for another 30 minutes.
Serve it with cilantro on top or not.
It's nice either way.
Each with 18 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 5 g usable carbs.