Mulligatawny Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Mulligatawny which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 2 quarts (1.9 L) chicken broth
- 2 cups (220 g) or more diced cooked chicken or diced boneless, skinless
- chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons to 1 heaping tablespoons curry powder (I like it with lots
- of curry!)
- 1 bay leaf
- tart apple, chopped fine
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon dried thyme
- Zest of 1 fresh lemon, grated, or to 1 teaspoon dehydrated lemon zest
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
Put the broth and diced chicken in a large stockpot and set the stockpot over low heat.
Melt the butter in a heavy skillet and add the garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and curry powder.
Saute until the vegetables are limp and add them to the stockpot.
Add the bay leaf, apple, salt, pepper, thyme, and lemon to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
Just before serving, stir in the cream and remove the bay leaf.
Each with 8 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 6 grams of usable carbs and 18 grams of protein.