Thai Chicken Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Thai Chicken Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 1 quart (960 ml) chicken broth
- 1 pound (455 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) grated fresh ginger
- cup (120 ml) coconut milk
- 8 scallions
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 3 tablespoons (12 g) chopped fresh cilantro
In a big, heavy saucepan, start heating the chicken broth while you cut the chicken breast into small cubes or thin strips.
Throw your cut-up chicken into the pot, along with the lemon juice, lime juice, and ginger.
Let the whole thing simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in the coconut milk and scallions and let it cook another 10 minutes or so.
Stir in the chili garlic paste and fish sauce.
Ladle into bowls, top each serving with chopped cilantro, and serve.
3 to 4 servings
Assuming 4, each will have 32 g protein; 6 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 4 g usable carbs.