Turkey Meatball Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Turkey Meatball Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- pound (225 g) ground turkey
- 1 tablespoons (9 g) oat bran
- 2 tablespoons (7.6 g) minced fresh parsley
- teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon poultry seasoning
- teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- cup (60 g) grated carrot
- 2 cups (250 g) diced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 quart (960 ml) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cup (25 g) grated Parmesan cheese
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the oat bran, parsley, salt or Vege-Sal, poultry seasoning, and pepper.
Mix well and form into balls the size of marbles or so.
In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the carrot and let it saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
Then add the zucchini, onion, and garlic and saute the vegetables for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and oregano and bring the soup to a simmer for 15 minutes.
Drop the turkey meatballs into the soup one by one and let it simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
(Taste the soup at this point and add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
) Just before you're ready to serve the soup, stir it slowly with a fork as you pour the beaten eggs in quite slowly.
Simmer another minute and ladle into bowls.
Top each serving with 1 tablespoon (6.
3 g) of Parmesan and serve.
Each with 7 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 5 grams usable carbs and 21 grams of protein.