Turkey Sausage Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Turkey Sausage Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 1 pounds (700 g) bulk turkey sausage
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces, or 225 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 turnip, diced
- 1 cup (150 g) cauliflower, diced
- cup (50 g) chopped onion
- 1 cup (120 g) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 quart (960 ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
In a large, heavy skillet, brown and crumble the sausage.
Pour off the fat and put the sausage in your slow cooker.
Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, turnip, cauliflower, onion, and green pepper.
In a bowl, stir the broth and bouillon together.
Stir in the basil and horseradish.
Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 to 8 hours.
When the time's up, stir in the cream and let it cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Each with 17 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 10 g usable carbs.