Bollito Misto Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Bollito Misto which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut inch (1.3 cm) thick
- 3 stalks celery, cut inch (1.3 cm) thick
- 2 pounds (1 kg) beef round, cubed
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons (7.6 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon concentrate
- 1 quart (960 ml) chicken broth
- 2 pounds (910 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 pound (455 g) Italian sausage links
- cup (115 g) purchased pesto sauce
Put the onion, carrots, and celery in your slow cooker.
Season the beef with the salt and pepper and place them on top.
Add the parsley and bay leaf.
Stir the bouillon into the chicken broth and pour it into the slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 5 to 6 hours.
Add the chicken, turn the heat up to high, and let the whole thing cook another hour.
While it's cooking, pour yourself a glass of Chianti and put out some vegetables and dip for the kids.
In a big, heavy skillet, place the sausages, cover with water, slap a lid on, and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat.
Remove the skillet from the heat and leave the sausages in the water, keeping the lid on.
When the slow cooker's time is up, drain the sausage and cut it into 1-inch (2.
Stir the sausage into the soup in the slow cooker.
Remove the bay leaf and ladle the soup into soup bowls.
Top each serving with 1 tablespoon (14.
4 g) of pesto.
Each with 44 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 5 g usable carbs.