Mexican Cabbage Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Mexican Cabbage Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 1 quart (960 ml) beef broth
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 400 g) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 pound (455 g) ground round or other very lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil
- cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 cups (150 g) bagged Coleslaw mix
In a large, microwaveable container combine the beef broth and canned tomatoes.
Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large soup pot or heavy-bottomed saucepan, start browning and crumbling the beef in the oil.
When the beef is about half browned, add the onion and garlic.
Continue cooking until the beef is entirely browned.
Add the cumin and oregano and then add the heated beef broth and tomatoes.
Stir in the coleslaw mix and bring the whole thing to a simmer.
Cook for another minute or so and serve.
Each with 9 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 7 grams of usable carbs and 24 grams of protein.