Mexican Beef and Bean Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Mexican Beef and Bean Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 12 ounces (340 g) ground round
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 quart (960 ml) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon concentrate
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 425 grams) black soybeans
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- cup (16 g) chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons (70 g) sour cream
In a big, heavy skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef.
Drain it well and transfer it to your slow cooker.
Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, broth, bouillon, tomatoes, soybeans, coriander, and cumin and stir.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 to 8 hours.
Top each bowlful with cilantro and sour cream.
Each with 25 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g dietary fiber, 9 g usable carbs.