Italian Tuna Soup Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Italian Tuna Soup which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 1 quart (960 ml) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) Italian green beans or 1 package (10
- ounces, or 280 g) frozen Italian green beans
- cup (125 g) frozen broccoli cuts
- cup (115 g) frozen cauliflower cuts
- 1 cup (115 g) thinly sliced zucchini, frozen or fresh
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cans (6 ounces [170 g] each) tuna
- Hot pepper sauce
Combine the broth, tomatoes, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, tomato paste, seasoning, and tuna.
Add a few drops of hot pepper sauce (more if you like it hotter, less if you just want a little zip) and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Each with 14 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber, for a total of 11 grams of usable carbs and 23 grams of protein. Check the frozen foods section of your supermarket for mixed bags of broccoli and cauliflower and substitute 1 cup (235 g) of the mix for the separate cauliflower and broccoli. That way, you'll only have one partially eaten bag of veggies in the freezer to use up, rather than two.