Seafood Chowder Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Seafood Chowder which belongs to the Soups recipe category.
- 1 cups (225 g) shredded cauliflower
- cup (40 g) shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) finely minced green bell pepper
- teaspoon cayenne
- teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (710 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage
- cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 8 ounces (225 g) shrimp, shells removed
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) Ketatoes mix
- cup (25 g) scallions, thinly sliced
- Guar or xanthan
Combine the cauliflower, carrots, thyme, garlic, green pepper, cayenne, pepper, and broth in your slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 4 hours.
Turn the slow cooker to high and stir in the Carb Countdown and cream.
Re-cover the slow cooker and let it cook for another 30 to 45 minutes.
If your shrimp are big, chop them coarsely during this time, but little, whole shrimp will look prettier, of course! Stir in the Ketotoes mix.
Now stir in the shrimp and re-cover the pot.
If your shrimp are pre-cooked, just give them 5 minutes or so to heat through.
If they're raw, give them 10 minutes.
Stir in the scallions and salt to taste.
Thicken the broth with the guar or xanthan.
Each with 17 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 5 g usable carbs.