Chocolate Walnut Balls Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chocolate Walnut Balls which belongs to the Sweets recipe category.
- cup (115 g) butter, at room temperature
- 2 ounces (55 g) cream cheese
- cup (12 g) Splenda
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) stevia/FOS blend
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups (120 g) sifted soy powder
- teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ounces (55 g) unsweetened baking chocolate
- cup (65 g) chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 375F (190C, or gas mark 5).
With an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese until soft and well combined, then the Splenda and stevia/FOS blend.
Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until well combined.
Sift the soy powder and then resift it with the salt and baking powder.
Add the powders to the butter mixture.
(It's easier to beat it in if you add it one-half at a time.
) Melt the chocolate and beat that in and then add the nuts.
Butter or spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
About 40 cookies
Each with 2 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 1 gram of usable carbs and 1 gram of protein.