Adam's Chocolate Birthday Cake Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Adam's Chocolate Birthday Cake which belongs to the Sweets recipe category.
- 1 cup (125 g) finely ground hazelnuts
- cup (65 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 tablespoons (17 g) unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (25 g) Splenda
- teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons (75 ml) oil (peanut, sunflower, canola, or whatever)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold water
Preheat the oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
In a bowl, combine the hazelnuts, protein powder, cocoa, baking soda, Splenda, and salt and stir them together quite well.
(Make sure there are no lumps of baking soda!) Spray a 9 9-inch (23 23-cm) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and place the hazelnut mixture in it.
Make two holes in this mixture.
Pour the oil into one, the vinegar into the other, and the water over the whole thing.
Mix with a spoon or fork until everything's well combined.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Each with 7 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 6 grams of usable carbs and 12 grams of protein.