Gingerbread Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Gingerbread which belongs to the Sweets recipe category.
- 1 cup (125 g) ground almonds (or cup raw almonds finely ground in a
- food processor)
- cup (65 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cup (12 g) Splenda
- cup (120 ml) plain yogurt
- cup (60 ml) oil
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) water
- cup (65 g) shredded zucchini
Preheat the oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
In a mixing bowl, combine the almonds, protein powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and Splenda and mix them well.
In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the yogurt, oil, molasses, egg, and water.
Pour into the dry ingredients and whisk until everything is well combined and there are no dry spots.
Add the zucchini and whisk briefly to distribute evenly.
Spray an 8 8-inch (20 20-cm) baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour the batter into it.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Each with 9 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 17 grams of protein. Try serving this with Whipped Topping (page 552).