Sunshine Cheesecake Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Sunshine Cheesecake which belongs to the Sweets recipe category.
- 1 cup (225 g) cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces, 225 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (230 g) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) orange extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (10 g) stevia/FOS blend
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- Tiny pinch salt
- 1 Hazelnut Crust or Simple Almond Crust, prebaked
- in a springform pan
Preheat oven to 325F (170C, or gas mark 3).
Put the cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, orange rind, orange extract, stevia, lemon juice, and salt in a blender and run the blender until everything is well-blended and a bit fluffy.
Pour into the prebaked crust.
Place the cake on the top rack of the oven and place a flat pan of water on the bottom rack.
Bake for 50 minutes.
The cheesecake will still jiggle slightly in the center when you take it out.
Cool and then chill well before serving.
Each with 8 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 6 grams of usable carbs and 17 grams of protein. (Analysis includes crust.) This is wonderful with sugar-free chocolate syrup. Many grocery stores carry it; it's worth your while to try to find it.