Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Easy Key Lime Pie which belongs to the Sweets recipe category.
- 1 cups (225 g) almonds
- cup (30 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- cup (8 g) Splenda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons (56 g) butter, melted
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 2 cups (480 ml) boiling water
- 2 limes, grated zest and juice
- 1 pint (475 ml) no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream (I use Breyer's Carb
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) vanilla sugar-free instant pudding mix
Preheat your oven to 325F (170C, or gas mark 3).
In a food processor with the S-blade in place, grind the almonds fine.
Add the protein powder, the Splenda, and the ground ginger and pulse to mix.
Now add the butter and pulse until everything's blended.
Turn the mixture out into a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate you've sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Press firmly into place, building up the sides, and bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
Cool before filling.
In a big mixing bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water.
Add the grated lime zest and the juice.
Now stir in the ice cream until the ice cream is melted and the mixture is smooth.
Chill until the mixture is thickened but not set.
Spoon the lime mixture into the prepared crust.
Chill until firm.
In the meantime, whip the cream with the pudding mix until you have whipped topping? but don't overbeat, or you'll get butter! Serve the pie with the whipped topping.
Each with 14 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 3 g dietary fiber; 6 grams usable carbs. Analysis does not include polyol sweeter in sugar-free ice cream.