Coconut Cream Pie Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Coconut Cream Pie which belongs to the Sweets recipe category.
- 1 cups (225 g) almonds
- cup (30 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 tablespoons (4.5 g) Splenda
- 4 tablespoons (56 g) butter, melted
- 1 cups (95 g) Angel-Type Coconut, divided
- 2 cups (640 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage
- 1 packages (3.4 ounces, or 95 g each) vanilla sugar-free instant
- pudding mix
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) vanilla sugar-free instant pudding mix
Preheat oven to 325F (170C, or gas mark 3).
To make the pie: In a food processor using the S-blade, grind the almonds fine.
Add the protein powder and Splenda and pulse to combine.
Now add the butter and pulse until it's all well mixed.
Turn this out into a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate you've sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Press firmly into place, building up the sides.
Bake for 12?15 minutes or until starting to turn golden.
Cool before filling.
Put cup (45 g) of the Angel-Type Coconut in the pie shell, spreading evenly.
Pour the Carb Countdown into a mixing bowl and add the 1 packages pudding mix.
Whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Pour over the coconut in the pie shell.
Chill for at least 1 hour.
While the pie is chilling, stir the remaining coconut in a dry skillet over medium heat until it's touched with gold.
Set aside to cool.
To make the whipped topping: Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream with the 1 tablespoon of pudding mix until you have whipped topping (then turn off the mixer fast! You don't want vanilla butter!).
Spread over the pie and top with the toasted coconut before serving.
10 - 12 servings.
Assuming 12, each will have 11 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 3 g dietary fiber; 6 grams usable carbs.