Mud Pie Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Mud Pie which belongs to the Sweets recipe category.
- 2 packages (4-serving size) sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons (9 g) instant coffee crystals
- 2 cups (280 g) sugar-free vanilla ice cream, softened (but not melted!)
- Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 1 batch Sugar-Free Chocolate Sauce
Put the pudding mix, water, and heavy cream in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
Beat in the coffee crystals, then the softened ice cream.
Beat just long enough to get everything mixed together and then pour half of the filling into the prepared Chocolate Cookie Crust.
Top with half of the chocolate sauce.
Add the rest of the filling and top with the remainder of the sauce.
Stash the pie in the freezer for at least several hours.
Then take it out about 15 to 20 minutes before you serve it to let it soften a bit (but not thaw!).
12 servings (I know that sounds like a lot, but I've tried
Each serving will have 9 grams of carbohydrate and 3 grams of fiber, for a usable carb count of 6 grams. Analysis includes chocolate cookie crust out not the polyol in the sugar-free chocolate sauce.