Better Than S-X! Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Better Than S-X! which belongs to the Sweets recipe category.
- 1 cups (225 g) almonds
- 3 tablespoons (40 g) polyol sweetener
- 3 tablespoons (4.5 g) Splenda
- cup (115 g) butter, melted
- cup (75 g) pecan halves
- 8 ounces (225 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (720 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage, divided
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 batch Angel-Type Coconut
- 1 batch Maltitol-Splenda Chocolate Sauce or Sugar-Free Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cups (360 ml) heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoons (15 g) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
Preheat oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
To make the crust: Put the almonds in a food processor with the S-blade in place and run it until they're fairly finely ground.
Add the polyol and Splenda and pulse to combine.
Now pour in the melted butter and the pecan halves and pulse until the butter is melted in and the pecans are chopped medium-fine.
Spray a 9 13-inch (23 33-cm) pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Dump the almond mixture into it and press it firmly and evenly into place.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
You'll want a little time for this to cool before you put the filling on top.
To make the filling: Beat the softened cream cheese until it's smooth.
Beat in cup (120 ml) of the Carb Countdown dairy beverage.
Now add the 2 packages of pudding mix and the rest of the Carb Countdown.
Beat for about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl often.
Now beat in 1 cup (70 g) of the Angel-Type Coconut.
Spread this mixture over the crust.
Spread the Maltitol-Splenda Chocolate Sauce over the pudding layer.
To make the topping: Whip the cream with the 1 tablespoons (15 g) of vanilla pudding mix, making whipped topping.
Spread this over the chocolate layer.
Take the remaining coconut and stir it in a dry skillet over medium heat until it acquires just a touch of gold.
Sprinkle the toasted coconut evenly over the whipped topping.
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Each with 10 g protein; 14 g carbohydrate; 4 g dietary fiber; 10 g usable carbs. Carb count does not include polyol sweetener.