Orange Sherbet Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Orange Sherbet which belongs to the Sweets recipe category.
- 1 package (4-serving) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups (480 ml) boiling water
- 2 cups (460 g) plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons (7.5 g) Splenda
- cup (30 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon
- juice Juice and grated rind of 1 orange
If your blender can take the heat, combine the gelatin and boiling water in the blender container and whir to dissolve the gelatin.
If your blender can't take the heat, stir the two together in a heatproof container until the gelatin is completely dissolved and then let the mixture cool to the point where your blender can handle it but the whole thing is still liquid.
Pour it into the blender and turn it on to a low speed.
Add the other ingredients, one at a time, adding the yogurt in several additions to avoid overwhelming the blender.
When everything's well blended, let the whole thing cool until it's starting to get really syrupy.
Pour into an ice cream freezer and freeze according to the directions.
Each serving will have 5 grams of carbohydrate, a trace of fiber, and 5 grams protein.