Beef and Artichoke Skillet Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Beef and Artichoke Skillet which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) boneless beef?Sirloin or chuck are fine.
- 8 slices bacon
- medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 400 g) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
Lay the bacon on a microwave bacon rack or in a glass pie plate.
Microwave on high for 8 minutes.
While the bacon is cooking, slice the beef as thinly as you can and then cut across the strips a couple of times so they're no more than 2 to 3 inches (5 to 7 cm) long.
(This is easiest if the meat is partly frozen.
) Slice up the onion now, to.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat and start stir-frying the beef and onion.
When the pink is gone from the beef, add the vinegar, Splenda, pepper, garlic, and artichoke hearts and let the whole thing simmer for 5 minutes or so.
Check on the bacon while the beef is simmering.
If it's not crisp yet, cook it another minute or so.
Divide the beef mixture between 6 serving plates or bowls and crumble about a strip and a half of bacon over each portion before serving.
Each with 9 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 5 grams of usable carbs and 23 grams of protein.