Avocado cheese Dip Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- 2 packages (8 ounces, or 225 g each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cups (180 g) shredded white Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 ripe black avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can (3 to 4 ounces, or 85 to 115 g) green chilies, drained, or
- jalapenos, if you like it hot
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until very smooth.
Scrape into a pretty serving bowl and place the avocado seed in the middle.
For some reason, placing the seed in the middle helps keep the dip from turning brown as quickly while it sits out.
But if you're making this a few hours ahead of time, cover it with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap is actually touching the surface of the dip.
Don't make this more than a few hours before you plan to serve it.
About 5 cups (1.1 L), plenty for a good-size party The batch
usable carbs and a whopping 83 grams of protein. Analysis is for dip only.