"Whole Wheat" Bread Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for "Whole Wheat" Bread which belongs to the Breads recipe category.
- cup (120 ml) warm water
- cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cup (75 g) vital wheat gluten
- 2 tablespoons (14 g) raw wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons (14 g) wheat bran
- cup (45 g) psyllium husks
- cup (60 g) oat flour
- cup (64 g) vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Put the ingredients in your bread machine in the order given and run the machine.
When finished, promptly remove the loaf from the machine and bread case to cool.
About 10 slices
Each with 13 grams of carbohydrates and 7.5 grams of fiber, for a total of 5.5 grams of usable carbs and 19 grams of protein (more than two eggs!).