Spice-Rubbed Leg of Lamb with Apricot-Chipotle Glaze Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Spice-Rubbed Leg of Lamb with Apricot-Chipotle Glaze which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- Leg of lamb, about 8 pounds (3.6 kg)
- cup (30 g) paprika
- 1 tablespoon (6.3 g) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (6.9 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (1.8 g) ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons (3 g) Splenda
- Apricot-Chipotle Glaze
Combine all the spices with the Splenda and stir well.
Sprinkle liberally over the leg of lamb, coating the whole surface.
Roast at 325F (170C, or gas mark 3) for 30 minutes per pound of lamb.
About 30 minutes before cooking time is up, start basting with the Apricot-Chipotle Glaze.
Baste two or three times before the cooking time is through.
Remove lamb from oven and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Serve with remaining Apricot-Chipotle Glaze.
15 to 16 servings, so invite a crowd
Assuming 15, each will have 35 g protein; 6 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 5 g usable carbs.