Slow Cooker Chicken Guadeloupe Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Guadeloupe which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 1 cut-up broiler-fryer chicken, about
- 3 pounds (1.5 to 2 kg), or whatever chicken parts you prefer
- medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- cup (60 ml) lemon juice; bottled is fine 1 can (14 ounces, or 400 g)
- diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 shot (3 tablespoons, or 45 ml) dark rum
- Guar or xanthan
- Salt and pepper
Just throw the chicken, onion, allspice, thyme, lemon juice, chilies, and rum in a slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 5 to 6 hours.
Fish out the chicken carefully?it'll be sliding from the bone! Thicken up the stuff in the pot with the guar or xanthan, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve over the chicken.
5 or 6 servings
Assuming 5 servings, each will have 6 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 5 grams of usable carbs and 35 grams of protein.