Chicken Breasts L'Orange Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken Breasts L'Orange which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- cup (60 ml) oil
- cup (80 ml) orange juice
- 2 tablespoons (3 g) Splenda
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
Cut the chicken breasts into 4 portions and brown them in the oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat.
While that's happening, mix together the orange juice, Splenda, vinegar, molasses, mustard, and garlic.
When the chicken is light golden on both sides, add the orange juice mixture to the skillet.
Simmer the chicken for another 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Each with 4 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 38 grams of protein.